Wednesday, July 1, 2015

While you were sleeping...

I had my first day back at work today in a week and a half.  My alarm goes off at 5.45am but this morning I woke up at 4.45am and I couldn't get back to sleep.  Instead of trying to get back to sleep to only have a maximum of an hour before I had to get up, I decided to go to the gym.  And I'm hoping to make it a regular thing. 

It was so busy there!  Not 6.30pm busy but busy all the same.  It's been a few years since I've been to the gym that early and I forgot how many crazy people there are in the world!  I do mean crazy in a good way.

I did 15 minutes on the bike and 15 minutes on the treadmill.  As I was finishing up on the treadmill, my 5.45am alarm went off and I felt quite proud of myself for being there instead of in bed hitting the snooze button.  When I got home at around 6.10am, I made lunches for all the kids, cut up some yummy fruit for everyone (including myself) and made a delicious chicken salad.

I went to work feeling vibrant and invigorated.  Although I got my morning coffee, I didn't feel as though I needed it like I normally do. 

I also went to the gym tonight :) I've been to Aqua Aerobics for the past 2 weeks in a row and the instructor of that said that she thought I would enjoy the class she holds on a Wednesday night - Fat Burner.  She told me that she would make sure I could do things by altering some of the activities to accommodate my knees and my petiteness (yes, I am being sarcastic there).  I wasn't really sure what the class was about but I am SO glad I went.  It was a circuit type class.  There were 10 stations ranging from push ups to battle ropes.  The only things I wasn't able to do were skipping, burpees and sit ups but instead I did marching for the skpping station, push ups on the wall for the burpess station and a plank thing at the sit up station.  After we had a break, she lead us to the treadmills and we walked briskly at a steep incline at a fast speed, 20 seconds on and 20 seconds off.  OMG!  I looked like I was sunburnt afterward!  It was a fantastic workout.  I'll be back next week for sure!

I felt a bit emotional during one of the stations.  We needed to lift 2 15kg weights and walk around with them.  2 x 15kg = 30kg.  Twice this amount is almost what I've lost.  It's HEAVY.  And it actually made me feel sad, proud, happy, teary all at once.  I can't believe I carried that around with me for the amount of time that I did.  I'm so glad it's gone.

Not sunburnt!  Hot!
 
I also had another PT session on Monday just gone.  I was really proud of myself as I managed 3 and a bit minutes on the cross trainer.  That might not sound like a lot to some but for me, that's huge.  I really pushed myself to do that amount.  I am going to try and increase my time by 10 - 15 seconds every time I go on it :)

I'm also looking for another challenge.  If you've been following my blog for a while, you may remember when I climbed the 46 floors of my building to raise money for the cancer council.  Well, I am trying to think of another quest to conquer!  I'm open to ideas.  I really want to do the colour run this year but I want something more unique.  Hit me up with ideas as I want to start training for something.

It's weigh  day tomorrow.  To be honest, I don't think I've lost anything.  Although I have been pretty good with my food and not bad with my exercise, I can do better.  I'm am pleased that I am up and about and feeling motivated.  If I've lost anything, it will be only a few grams.  I shall update tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment